Thursday, January 20, 2005

Safe and sound out west, neither feeling ill nor well right now, but I would like to take this moment to announce silent shrouds, which is my new blog and focus on poetry.The name, silent shrouds only makes sense of the MarkHeard song "Strong Hand of Love". Here is the first verse,

Down peppers the rain from a clear blue sky/ Down trickles a tear on a youthful face/ Feeling in haste and wondering why/Up struggles the sun from a wounded night/ Out venture our hearts in their silent shrouds/ Trying to ignite but wondering how


It's not Donne or Blake but a sketchbook for my thoughts. Feel very free to criticize the content as I am unsure of what I am doing. I cannot simply write by myself and think "Oh, this is great stuff!" That is the sort of thinking that earns college syudents D minuses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home